MARY KELLY, OF COUNSEL
Mary focuses her practice on sophisticated domestic litigation for clients and families with complex and varied holdings. Her practice requires a depth of knowledge as complex and varied as her clients’ holdings.
Mary has been listed in the family law category of Best Lawyers in America® since 1995 and in the family law mediation category since 2008. She has been rated AV Preeminent in the Martindale Hubbell Law Directory for over 20 years. Mary has been included in Colorado Super Lawyers® in the area of family law every year since this publication first appeared.
In the course of litigation, negotiation is an essential skill. Mary completed the Harvard Law School course of Negotiation.
Prior to joining Reilly, Mary maintained a successful litigation practice for thirty years. She began her practice in the litigation department of Sherman & Howard, a large Denver-based firm, where she worked on complex corporate and domestic litigation. During her ten years there, Mary developed her domestic practice and advanced to partner in the litigation department. After Sherman & Howard, Mary founded Mary J. Kelly P.C. where she practiced for 20 years.
Throughout her career, she has preferred a model where she can work closely and personally with a select number of clients.
Mary has served as President of the Denver Bar Association, as member of the board of trustees of the Colorado Bar Association, and Chair of the Colorado Lawyers Committee for Equal Justice. She has served on two Colorado Supreme Court civil rules committees. She is a Fellow of the International Society of Barristers.
Mary has served as President of the Colorado Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and Chair of the Family Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association.
Mary earned her law degree from the University of Denver College of Law. She holds an undergraduate degree in the then United Nations-sponsored Conflict and Peace Studies from the University of Colorado, Boulder.
- Domestic Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- J.D., University of Denver College of Law
- Course of Negotiation, Harvard Law School
- B.A., University of Colorado, Boulder
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Colorado
- President, Denver Bar Association
- Chair, Colorado Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Chair, Colorado Bar Association Family Law Section
- Chair, Colorado Lawyers Committee for Equal Justice
- Best Lawyers in America, Family Law (1995-present)
- Best Lawyers in America, Family Law Mediation (2008-present)
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell for over 20 years
- Colorado Super Lawyers (2006-present)
- “Top 50 Women Lawyers” by Colorado Super Lawyers (2012, 2013)
- “Top 50 Colorado Lawyers” by Colorado Super Lawyers (2006)
- “Top 25 Women Lawyers” by Colorado Super Lawyers (2006)
- Fellow of the International Society of Barristers
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Women‘s Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Mary Kelly Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2016