JOHN C. HANLEY, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
John C. Hanley is Executive Director of Reilly LLP and is responsible for all administrative and business operations of The Firm including accounting, technology, facilities and human resources.
Jack is a former Associate Dean of the University of Denver College of Law. In 1985, he became the principal administrator of one of Colorado’s largest law firms, Holme Roberts & Owen, LLP. In 1996, he was named Administrative Director of the national law firm, McKenna & Cuneo, LLP.
He possesses over 15 years of grants and contract management experience, including major funded projects with the National Science Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Department of Transportation, LEAA and others. In addition, Jack has served as Project Director of two prototype Traffic Offense Adjudication Projects at the request of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Jack has been an Adjunct Professor of legal administration at the University of Denver College of Law for the last 19 years. Hanley’s professional involvements over the years include the presidency of the Mile High Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators and an instructor of the law practice management module of the ALA Core Competencies program. He is also a frequent speaker and the author of a number of articles on law related topics.
In 2000, Jack was elected as Fellow of the College of Law Practice Management. The College is a professional, educational and honorary association of distinguished law practice management professionals whose purpose is to set standards of achievement for others in the profession. The members of the College consist of lawyers, judges, law professors, administrators, consultants, officers of the government, and others who are dedicated to improving the practice management process and to enhancing the professional quality of and public respect for the practice of law.
- University of Denver, Master of Business Administration, 1976 Member of the “Order of St. Ives”, Scholastic Honorary
- University of Colorado, Bachelor of Science in Management, 1967
Presentations & Publications
- Rhone Brackett Inn of Court; Panel Discussion: First Day of Spring: The Budding Legal Landscape in 2014; March 2014
- Colorado Bar Association; CLE Program: Law Practice Management: A Checklist for Opening a Law Office; August 2013
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 40th Anniversary of the MSJA/MSLA Program, Keynote Address: Reflecting on the Past – Envisioning the Future; April 20, 2013
- Colorado Bar Association, CLE Program: Alternative Billing- Pros and Cons; April 19, 2013
- Colorado Bar Association, CLE Program: The Great Debate: Is Work-Life Balance Achievable? June 18, 2009
- Co-Author, The Virtual Law Office: The ASP Model, Colorado Lawyer, May 2002
- Author, Building a Firm From the ASP Up, Legal Tech, August 2000
- University of Denver College of Law, Institute for Advanced Legal Studies; CLE Presentation: Management Strategies for the Small Firm Practitioner; April 1996
- Colorado and Denver Bar Associations; CLE Presentation: Time Management: Work ’til Noon – Ski ’til 5:00; January 6, 1995
- Association of Legal Administrators; Mile High Chapter Presentation: Overview of Human Resource Management; May 19, 1994
- Colorado Bar Association Annual Convention; Showcase Panel: Economic Survival for Lawyers in the 1990’s and Beyond; September 10, 1992
- University of Denver College of Law, Institute for Advanced Legal Studies; CLE Presentation: Energizing Your Law Practice: Enhancing Client Services and Client Outreach; April 1992
- University of Denver College of Law, Institute for Advanced Legal Studies; CLE Presentation: Strategic Action – A Financial Focus; April 10, 1991
- Author, Planning Turns the Key to Success, The National Law Journal, April 1991
- The Legal Center for the Disabled and the Elderly; CLE Presentation: The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990: How Professionals Can Adapt to Meet Client and Employee Needs; November 9, 1990
- University of Denver College of Law, Institute for Advanced Legal Studies; CLE Presentation: Strategic Action – A Financial Focus; April 18, 1990
- Association of Legal Administrators 19th Annual Conference; Presentation: How Employee Assistance Programs Work in Law Firms; April 5, 1990
- University of Denver College of Law, Institute for Advanced Legal Studies, CLE Presentation: Alternative Billing Methods; March 2, 1990